Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fwd: AGING





-----Original Message-----
From: rrdd3939@aol.com
To:
Sent: Wed, Feb 3, 2010 7:54 pm
Subject: AGING

                            "When I went to the Bar as a very young man,
                             (Said I to myself - said I),
                             I'll work on a new and original plan,
                             (Said I to myself - said I)."
                                                                                    -W.S. Gilbert

                            "I remember my youth and the feeling that will never
                             come back anymore-that feeling that I could last for
                             ever, outlast the sea, the earth, and all men the
                             deceitful feeling that lures us on to perils, to love, to
                             vain effort - to death; the triumphant conviction of
                             strength the heat of life in the handful of dust, that
                             glow in the heart with every year grows thin.
                             grows cold, grows small, and expires---and expires
                             too soon, to soon---before life itself."
                                                                                 -Joseph Conrad
         
                           "I must reluctantly observe that two causes, the
                            abbreviation of time, and the failure of hope will
                            always tinge with a browner shade the evening of life."
                                                                                 -Edward Gibbon

        

No comments:

Post a Comment